Tuesday, September 11, 2012

CROSS FIT TRY OUT


So all this cross fit talk from my little adventure has given my husband and I some inspiration. I think we are going to jump off the deep end together and join a cross fit gym... My hubby's friend and co-worker has a police inspired cross fit gym he just opened and we went for it this evening. We only did a 15 min workout named "Cindy". I guess they have 2 kinds of workouts and you never do the same workout twice which for me keeps it from getting boring. The two types of workouts are "The Girls of Cross fit" and "Hero's". The Girls of Cross fit workouts are all named after Hurricanes because they rip you up... The Hero's workouts are named after fallen police officers, fire fighters, and military. They are designed to be impossible to finish and if you do finish is a huge honor to the fallen. I really like how this is so tied into what my husband does for a living. I think that means a lot to him. Enough with the sentimental's let get back to The "Cindy". It consist of 5 pull-ups, 10 pushups, and 15 air squats. I was thinking after warming up really how hard can this be. Then I got a little kick in the booty. You don't just do those three things you keep doing them as fast as you can for 20 mins. Needless to day KC was nice to us and had us only go for 15 min. I have to say it was a very rewarding workout. I like that you aren't having to wait on others you can go at your own pace however fast or slow that is. You can take breaks when you need to and it allows you to push yourself past your own limits. Your completing against the best you, you can be. Its nice because everything you do in that gym from beginning to end took 45 min. including warm up and full workout! Admittedly this morning both Mike and I are pretty sore but it feels really good to complete something that is so hard. You feel like a champ when you leave and even though we were sore I felt like a champ this morning. We are definitely going back tonight to see what they have in store for us. Shout out to CrossFit Paladin for a great workout cant wait to come beat the clock tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment